Pulled the sewing machine out today (for the first time in two years…the dust was AWFUL!). The wallet I have been using for the last several years finally reached its last legs and needed to be remedied ASAP. After recalling what a chore it was to find a wallet that would do ‘okay’ the last time, I opted to skip FartMart and looked at Etsy instead. There are a LOT of cute wallets, etc on there. But the more I looked, the more I thought about a scrap I have of a fabulous batik I used for a ring sling for my sister. And how funky-fabulous it would look juxtapositioned with the batik from the first ring sling I ever made.
So I went looking for wallet patterns and happened upon this tutorial. Then could not find the second batik for the life of me. I’ll spare you the additional drama from our day, but I did manage to find a cute fabric a most dangerous location: a quilt store! 🙂
I revised things a bit to better suit me, and had a serious dilemna about not having snap supplies, and not wanting velcro or magnets. I’m dang proud of what I ended up with! Especially since it’s the first zipper I’ve done in some 18yrs or so.
When I’m able to get the pics uploaded I’ll have to add more info and commentary about the changes, trials, etc. But for now I just had to toot the horn. YIPEE!